Saturday, December 10, 2005

Why did the chicken cross the road?

So I was driving home from Christmas shopping yesterday and I zip right past another roadkill on the freeway. Roadkill isn't all that rare but what made this particular lump of flattened animal was that it looked like it may have been a chicken before it got hit. Why did the chicken cross the road? Maybe to commit suicide...

Anyway. I don't think I'm cut out for shopping. I went to Toys Backwards R Us to get all of Ben's Christmas stuff so I could just be done with it. I spent an hour and a half wandering around with achy feet second guessing my selections and ultimately finding only a single toy for him. I then spent another twenty minutes standing in line behind men and women with shopping carts filled to the cealing to make my purchase. As I walked out of the store with a single rather lightweight bag I wondered to myself, "All that work for this?"

Yeah, shopping is definately not my forte. When I got home, I asked Mom how some people handle the mad Christmas Bonanza that occures the day after Thanksgiving each year. She told me some people actually enjoy it. I think those people must be crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home