Saturday, July 30, 2005

Dreams, Iraq, and Air Conditioning. Oh My!

Last night I had a dream I joined the marines and needed to go to Iraq but I couldn't because I was still working at my current job. I eventually ended up going and ended up shooting a girl that was trying to snipe one of our soldiers. She got hurt but not killed so a bunch of us worked on her wounds and asked her why she tried to kill us. We tried broken arabic but she didn't understand us. Then I tried portuguese. She understood better and told me in english, "You don't have to struggle so much. I speak english and spanish." I don't remember much of the rest of the dream but I think it had more stuff about leaving Iraq in time to get back to work so my boss wouldn't fire me.

Yeah, wierd. Oh yeah! I watched an interesting documentary on the History channel about living in the desert. Much of our modern desert hiking/camping gear has its roots in the Beduin tribes wandering around Africa and the Middle East. They were experts at desert survival. Much of the american west's electrical needs are directly related to airconditioning. We go from our air conditioned house to our air conditioned car to drive to our air conditioned office. Our world is always 72 degrees!

This summer hasn't seemed as unbearable to me even though it has been its typical upper 90s type weather. I'm not sure why I'm tolerating it better this year but I'm not complaining! Remember to stay hydrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home