Sunday, October 09, 2005

What's with some comments anyway?

Okay I just published my last post about paintball and I noticed that I got a comment on my Iraq post. It has absolutely nothing to do with my post. It was just a random advertisement for someone else's site for low carb diet plans.

An earlier post I made about my courtship with Sarah ended up with a comment that was an advertisement for a dating service. At least that one was on topic ...sort of.

I'm beginning to wonder if attacking bloggers with ads is the new spam! When someone comments on my blog, I'd like it to be by a real person responding to what I posted. I don't want some random blog-spam-bot to send garbage to me or my readers. People who annoy me tend not to get my future business.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~B. said...

Talm, you need to change your comment settings--there is a way to make it so that anyone who wants to post a comment has to do a word verification thing which eliminates most blog spam. (Trust me, I've gotten my share until I did that!)

9:13 PM  
Blogger RCH said...

Ugh! I was going to say the same thing as Becca! Spam comments are super irritating, indeed.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home