Sunday, October 09, 2005

Skills

I gotta work on my skills. Paintball skills that is. I played at Paintball Addicts today (Hi, my name is Talmage and I'm addicted to paintball). I played with my pump to work on my aiming and snapshooting skills. I need a lot of improvement. I used to be really good at both but I got rusty as I played with my semi-autos for the last year and a half. I should go pump for the next while to work on that. I miss my lean and mean first shot take-outs.

The funniest thing that happened was being informed by my back player that the far left bunker had been cleared by him. I made a mad dash along the tapeline to backdoor the other team. Needless to say, there had actually been two players in that bunker and he hosed me whereas my 1 shot (remember, I'm playing pump) had already been spent on a midfield player as I ran past.

I tried to stop once I was hit but ended up sliding into the netting. The netting is where all the old paint gets swepped to be out of the way before the deep cleaning. It was messy but certainly a wild ride. The ref asked if I was okay as I laughed my head off tangled in the netting.

I love this sport!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home