Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Flu Shots and Colds

Last night, Ben went with Grandma, Grampa, and me to get flu shots for the winter. The woman there said Ben was the best kid she gave one to. He didn't cry, or even flinch when they jabbed her with the needle. He just sat there and took it with a smile on his face. The kid in the next room was screaming uncontrollably for his shot.

As we were leaving he said that the doctor was fun and now it was time to go to the pharmacy. Apparently in his mind, all doctor visits end up with a trip to the pharmacy to pick up medicine. A lot of visits do.

I've picked up a nasty cold. I can't wait to be over it. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep in 3 days. I wake up with a swollen throat, plugged up sinuses and a pounding headache... just in time to train the new guy. The thought of the exhausting efforts of training is making me feel worse. It takes a lot of energy to ensure that the new guy learns how not to bring the entire business to its knees. I'd like to take a few days off just to recouperate but that would stretch our existing guys out, delay the new guy's training, and delay my return to mornings. I'm to tired to deal with that so I'll just work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home