Friday, June 13, 2008

The Evolution of the Fork

So my dear wife and I were talking the other day about forks and I came to an epiphany. They are descended from spoons which in turn descended from sticks! You can tell because sticks over time evolved into big wooden spoons. Then the spoons started growing prongs, passed through the spork stage, and became true forks as we know them today. The image below shows several sporks (sporkus pokus) in varying degrees of evolution, the center one (F108) being the closest to the forkus prongus or modern fork. The left most (JM101) is actually a neo sporkus pokus or proto-spork.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~B. said...

Thats so silly! {said in my best Little Einsteins voice--ask your wife, she should know about that!}

7:38 AM  
Blogger David Ashton said...

Why do I keep coming back here

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home